Equal opportunities, fair access and diversity
Tender Heart consistently and positively celebrates differences. We affirm the importance of equal opportunities because we –
- Believe each person should be treated with gentleness and respect
- Are committed to giving people equal opportunity and treating all people fairly
- Welcome all people
- Acknowledge our legal and performance obligations
- Understand effective equal opportunity policies are a key part of the achievement of a quality business
- Acknowledge that in society certain groups and individuals are unfairly discriminated against.
Each one of our residents has encountered a very personal journey before stepping through our doors. In recognition of this, we realise the importance of providing unique and personalised services using the person-centered approach to meet individual needs which ultimately help our residents continue successfully on their journey towards independence and social inclusion.
Our residents’ backgrounds and personal sets of circumstances are unique and we take comfort in knowing that our help and support can change their lives for the better. Through providing the right support and appropriate levels of care in our supported living accommodation, our residents are able to refocus and rebuild their lives. As their independence grows, they find themselves able to make the right choices in order to maximise their potential, thus becoming confident members of the community and discovering lasting stability and happiness.